Getting free makeup is one of the best ways to try a new product before you buy it. And since makeup can be so expensive, it’s also a great way to save a little money on your beauty routine.
The bad news is that finding free makeup is sometimes more difficult than you would think!
But with the help of these simple tips, you can get free makeup samples to help you start saving today.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission, at no cost to you. Please read the disclosure for more information.
How to Get Free Makeup Samples
Makeup can be so expensive!
So, if you’re on a budget, finding ways to save on your makeup is a must.
Luckily, there are a few different ways you can get free makeup, if you do a little bit of legwork.
Try these methods for scoring free makeup samples and free full-sized products:
- Do some research: One of the best ways to score completely free makeup is to dig deep and to find free offers. Since free offers from beauty brands are constantly changing, you’ll need to continually look to see if your favorite brands are offering free products. You can scan your favorite beauty brands’ websites to find new freebies or take a look at freebie websites to see what’s currently available. Sometimes, all you need to do is fill out a form to earn a free sample. Other times, you can enter a contest or sweepstakes to get a chance to receive a free product.
- Sign up for email newsletters: Most beauty brands let their email list know when they have free products available, so it’s a good idea to sign up for emails from all your favorite brands. When you’re on the brands’ email lists, you’ll be the first to know when they have something free.
- Follow beauty brands on social media: In addition to letting their email list know about freebies, beauty brands often advertise their free offers on their social media channels. Make sure to follow your favorite brands on at least one platform so you’ll know when they have new free samples available.
- Contact the company: If you’re in love with a certain brand’s products, let them know! Often, companies will send complementary products to customers who tell them how much they love their products. To contact the company, just head to your favorite brand’s website, then fill out the contact form to provide them with positive feedback. You may hear back from them by email letting you know that a free product or coupon is in the mail.
- Ask for samples in the store: While finding free samples online is a simple way to start, you can also get free samples in person if you do some work. The next time you visit your favorite beauty supply store or the makeup counter at a department store, ask if there are any free samples available. Most stores have free samples of new products behind the counter so customers can try them before they make a purchase. Beauty product stores, like Ulta and Sephora, often offer free samples to customers. Or check the makeup counters at department stores like Nordstrom or Macy’s to find free samples of the brand’s products.
- Combine coupons with sales: Sometimes, you can get free products at the store simply by combining coupons with the current sale. Check your favorite stores’ sales each week, then compare coupons you have on hand to see if you get free products. You can find coupons for makeup in your Sunday newspaper or online at websites like coupons.com.
- Become a product tester: Another great way to get free makeup samples and even full-size products for free is to sign up to become a product tester. There are several online companies that allow you to sign up to receive free products in exchange for a review and social media promotion. Keep reading to find out where to sign up and how to get into each of the most popular programs.
- Make a purchase: While you’ll need to spend money to get the free samples using this method, you can often earn free full-sized beauty products when you make a purchase. Several beauty brands and stores offer free gifts with purchase, so make sure to check for promotions at your favorite retailer before you make a purchase to see if you can earn free makeup when you buy something.
Free Makeup Samples from Beauty Brands
If you’re looking for free makeup samples, the best place to go is the source!
Several beauty brands offer free samples, if you know where to look.
If you’re a fan of a particular brand, visit their website to see if they have any free samples available. Often, all you need to do is fill out a quick form to be eligible to receive a sample product.
But if you’re not brand loyal, you can score free samples from various beauty brands by taking a few minutes to fill out a form on their website. Other brands offer free products with a purchase.
Finding free samples may take a little bit of work. That’s because offers are constantly changing on each of the beauty brands’ websites. That means you’ll need to continually check the websites of each of these beauty brands to see if they currently have any free makeup sample offers available.
Try visiting these popular brands to see if any free makeup samples are available right now:
- Physician’s Formula
- NYX Professional Makeup
- Wet n Wild
In addition to checking your favorite brand’s websites, you can also earn free products from makeup brands by making a purchase.
Most makeup brands offer free samples and even full-sized products when you buy from their website. And you can typically sign up for the brand’s rewards program to earn points you can use toward even more free stuff.
These beauty brands offer free samples and other gifts when you make a purchase:
This beauty store loves to give out free samples, which means you can score free makeup just by signing up!
All you need to do is visit the store’s free sample page and select up to two offers from the available products.
Once the free samples are added to your cart, you’ll need to make a purchase to receive the free products. To earn the samples, there is no limit on how much you have to spend.
On top of scoring free samples when you buy online, you can typically get free samples when you visit the store in person, too.
Just ask a staff member if they have any free samples available for you to try to see what’s available at that time. You can also get a free makeover at the makeup counter, allowing you to try different products for free before you buy them.
When you make a purchase at this beauty store, you can earn a variety of great free products.
Visit Ulta’s promotion page to see the different free gifts they have available when you’re ready to shop.
Most gifts come with stipulations, including making brand-specific purchases or spending a certain amount of money, so it’s a good idea to check the fine print to make sure your purchase qualifies.
Another great way to earn free makeup from Ulta is to sign up for their rewards program.
The program allows you to earn points from your purchases, which can then be used as cash in the store. On top of earning points, rewards members also receive special offers and a free birthday gift.
If you’re on the hunt for free samples, you can’t go wrong with Estee Lauder.
This popular beauty brand typically offers a handful of free samples to its customers on a regular basis.
All you have to do is head to the promotions page and select the sample you want to receive. Some products are available for free, while others can be purchased for a discounted price.
After selecting your product, you’ll need to create an account on the site. You can fill in your mailing address and the company will ship your free sample in a few weeks.
In addition to getting free samples from the site, you can also earn more free products by making a purchase. You’ll need to reach a certain spending limit to qualify for the samples, so make sure you check the fine print of the offer before checking out.
With a variety of amazing makeup products to choose from, Smashbox is a popular beauty brand.
So, how would you like to earn free products just by buying from your favorite brand?
Every Smashbox purchase comes with a free sample product inside the box. And you can typically score free full-sized products if you reach the specified spending limit.
In addition to earning free products with your purchase, you can also sign up for the brand’s perks program to earn points toward discounts and free products on future purchases.
Aveda is a well-known beauty brand offering a variety of beauty products, ranging from hair care products to makeup.
And they’re also well-known for offering free products to loyal customers. You can typically find a complementary offer available on the brand’s website and all orders come with a free sample inside, no matter how much you spend.
Although you need to make a purchase to get your free product, Aveda frequently offers free samples and full-sized products to their customers.
The free offers change frequently and sometimes have a minimum purchase requirement, so it’s a good idea to check out the brand’s offer page to see what free products they’re currently offering.
Are you a fan of Elf Cosmetics?
If you make a purchase on their site, you can earn free products!
The free offers often have a spending limit, so make sure to check the fine print before making your purchase. Elf lists their free product offerings on their promo page, so it’s a good idea to check the page before you make a purchase to see what kind of free samples you may be eligible to receive.
The brand also has a rewards program, which allows you to earn points through your purchases that can be used to get more free products.
Thanks to the full-sized samples you can get when you make a purchase through Clinique, you can try a variety of great products before you buy them.
Clinique typically offers a free product with purchase if you spend a certain amount of money, in addition to a free sample that’s included no matter now much you spend.
And if you sign up for the beauty brand’s rewards program, you’ll get discounts and free shipping on all your orders, as well as a free birthday gift. Through the program, you can earn rewards points from purchases and cash those points in for more free stuff.
Every time you make a purchase from MAC Cosmetics, you can earn a free sample.
After making your purchase, you’ll be asked to pick which sample offer you want included in your box. No code is required to redeem your free gift and there’s no spending limit to earn the free offer.
In addition to free samples, you can also earn free full-sized products if you meet the spending requirements of the promotion.
In addition to spending the set amount of money required to earn the freebie, you’ll also need to enter a promo code at checkout. Make sure to check the brand’s offer page to find the promo code before you check out.
Subscription Box Free Samples
Subscription boxes are a great way to try different types of makeup and other beauty products before you buy them.
While subscription boxes typically charge a monthly fee to receive the products, some beauty box brands allow you to receive free products when you sign up.
Get some free makeup by signing up for these subscription services. Just make sure to cancel your subscription before your credit card is charged for the month!
Wal-Mart Beauty Box
Four times per year, Wal-Mart sends out a beauty box filled with free samples of makeup and other beauty products.
While the products inside the box are free, you do have to pay shipping charges to receive the box in the mail. But all the product you receive in your box are full-sized products, making it a great way to get free beauty products through the mail.
To receive the box, you’ll need to sign up on Wal-Mart’s website, where you’ll fill out a survey to help the store tailor the products to you. The survey asks about your:
- Skin tone
- Skin concerns
- Hair type
- Hairstyling techniques
- Hair color
- Number of products in your beauty routine
- Beauty product budget
- Reasons for signing up
After filling out the survey, you’ll need to create a Wal-Mart account and enter your payment information. When the seasonal box is released, your card will be charged for the shipping amount and you’ll be sent your box of free samples.
Each time a new box is released, your card will be charged for the shipping amount, so if you do not want to receive another box, make sure to cancel your subscription.
IPSY is a beauty subscription service that sends you personalized beauty products each month.
The service allows you to select the products you want included in each monthly box or provides you with surprise products tailored to your beauty profile.
After signing up for the box, you’ll be asked to take a beauty quiz to help determine which products are best for you. The quiz includes questions about your beauty preferences, hair color, skin tone, and favorite brands.
While IPSY charges a $12 monthly fee to receive their beauty box each month, the subscription service gives you a chance to earn points you can use toward free products. To earn points to use for free products, you can:
- Invite friends: For each friend you invite who signs up for a monthly subscription, you’ll earn 600 points.
- Review a product: Every time you leave a review for a product in your subscription box, you can earn 15 points.
- Review the box as a whole: Each time you receive a box in the mail, you can review the entire glam bag to earn 10 points.
- Follow Ipsy creators: You can also earn 10 points for following Ipsy creators on different social media platforms.
Points can be redeemed to purchase additional free products added to your glam bag each month. The selection of makeup and beauty products available to purchase with your points changes on a regular basis.
Free Samples for Reviews
If you’re willing to put some work into earning free makeup samples, you can provide your feedback in exchange for free products.
There are a variety of companies that offer to mail samples of products in exchange for an honest review from their customers.
Check out these free sample options to get free products for providing your opinion:
To get a chance to earn free products through PinchMe, you’ll need to create an account with the platform and fill out a comprehensive survey.
The platform asks you about your shopping habits and household information to connect you with free sample offers. After that, you can select from the offers available and they’ll be mailed to you for free.
After the product arrives in the mail, you’ll need to use the product then return to the online platform to fill out a survey about your experience. PinchMe will then forward your survey answers to the company.
The company partners with a variety of well-known beauty brands, including:
The Pink Panel
After joining the Pink Panel, you’ll have a chance to review cosmetics, skin care products, hair care products, and personal care items for free.
And in addition to receiving free products, you could also earn compensation for your honest feedback and helpful reviews.
The program welcomes women of all ages, skin types, and skin tones, but the program is only open to US residents.
To join, simply fill out the application and complete a survey about your beauty routine and product choices. If you’re accepted, you’ll receive emails alerting you to new testing opportunities when they become available.
After you try the product, you’ll get to keep it and receive compensation ranging from $25 to $100 in gift cards or additional products. When you complete a product survey, you’ll also have the opportunity to take part in focus groups to share your opinions about the product and earn an additional $100.
Although the program offers up to three different product review opportunities each week, they ask that participants limit their participation in the product reviews to once every six months.
And there is no guarantee that you’ll be accepted to participate in every product review opportunity you apply for.
The Pink Panel works with several well-known beauty brands, including:
- Wet ‘n Wild
- Mary Kay
Another great option for scoring free beauty products by providing a review is with the program BzzAgent.
Taking part in campaigns with this program requires you to create an account on the platform.
After making your account, you can fill out your profile to include information relevant to the types of products you want to review. If a company thinks your profile is a good fit for their campaign, you’ll receive an email with a link to the campaign’s application.
When you apply to a campaign, your application will be sent to the team for review.
If you’re selected, the company will send you a sample of a product to use.
After the product arrives in the mail, you’ll need to use it and form an opinion about it. Then, you’ll receive an email outlining the different ways you can share your opinion, including posting on social media about the product and writing a product review.
Each completed campaign will boost your profile, making you eligible for more free samples to review in the future.
Influenster is a platform for influencers to share their opinions about their favorite products.
And while the platform itself doesn’t provide users with free products to review, it does give users the chance to earn a free box of products each month.
The program’s VoxBox is filled with full-sized products delivered to users for testing purposes.
After receiving the products, users are required to provide honest feedback on the platform and share their experiences on their social media channels.
To be eligible to receive a Vox Box, you’ll need to take several steps:
- Download the Influenster app and create a profile: The more information you provide on your profile, the more likely you’ll be selected to receive a VoxBox in the future.
- Answer snaps: Snaps are simple questions that appear on your profile as you’re using the platform. Snaps help provide the platform with your preferences, helping them decide if you’re a right fit for each box.
- Connect your social media accounts: You’ll need to share your experience on your social media accounts, so the platform will need to see the number of followers you have on each channel.
- Create a reviewer profile: Since you’ll be required to submit a review for your products, you’ll also need a reviewer profile on the Influenster platform.
Related Articles for Free Makeup Samples:
Enjoyed this post?