Selling your stuff online is one of the best ways to earn some extra cash.
LetGo was a popular option for getting rid of your extra stuff. That’s why when it disappeared from the app store, many people were looking for a good alternative.
If you’re looking for new apps like LetGo to sell your stuff, you need to check out these seven great online options.
What Happened to LetGo?
If you were a fan of selling your stuff on LetGo, you’re probably wondering what happened to the popular app.
In 2020, LetGo merged with OfferUp to create one big marketplace for users hoping to buy and sell their used stuff online.
The LetGo app is no longer available and has been replaced with OfferUp, a U.S. based company with a similar set-up to the popular online selling and buying app. So, if you’re looking for an app to replace LetGo as a way to sell your stuff, there are a few different options to choose from.
Try these app replacements to help you declutter your home, get rid of your stuff, and make some money selling those items online.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission, at no cost to you. Please read the disclosure for more information.
Best Apps to Sell Your Stuff
There are a variety of great apps you can use to sell your stuff.
Some apps, like the ones listed below, are great for selling individual items online. Try these sales apps to declutter your house and make a little extra cash at the same time.
As the official replacement for LetGo, OfferUp may be a good option for users of the popular selling app.
The app allows you to buy and sell items locally by giving you a chance to browse local listings, make an online payment, and pick up your items in person. To get started, download the app and create an account.
When you register, you’ll need to enter your location so you can be connected with local buyers and sellers near you. You can then browse items for sale in your area or list your own stuff for sale.
To create a listing, just take a photo of the item you’re selling, fill in a description of the item including all the relevant information a buyer would need to know, and post the listing.
You can list a variety of different items on OfferUp, making it a great place to list your stuff. Using the app, you can sell:
- Electronics and media, including audio and speakers, cell phones and accessories, cameras, TVs and media players, video games and consoles, computers and accessories, books, movies, music, wearables, drones, and virtual reality equipment.
- Home and garden, including furniture, household items, appliances, kitchen and dining items, bathroom items, tools and machinery, home improvement items, lawn and garden, and home décor.
- Clothing, shoes, and accessories for men, women, babies, and children
- Baby items, including car seats, baby gear, nursery furniture and décor, potty training gear, pregnancy and maternity items, strollers, and baby toys.
- Vehicles, including cars and trucks, motorcycles, campers, boats, powersport vehicles, trailers, commercial vehicles, tires and rims, and auto parts.
- Toys, games, and hobby items, like sports equipment and musical instruments
Buyers can contact you through private message to inquire about your listing, negotiate the price, and decide on a place to meet to make the exchange.
You may think of Facebook as the place to keep up with your friends and family online. But did you know that you can use it to sell your stuff, too?
Thanks to the addition of Facebook Marketplace, you can list your stuff for sale right on your favorite social media platform.
When you sell something on Marketplace, you create a public listing that can be seen by anyone shopping on the Marketplace. It will also show up in the newsfeed of your followers, allowing your friends to see what you have listed for sale.
To create a listing on Facebook Marketplace, follow these simple steps:
- Click the create new listing button at the top of the menu, then click item for sale.
- Add photos to the listing from your phone or computer, then enter additional information about the item for sale. In addition to the price, you can also add a description of the item including relevant information a buyer would need to know.
- Publish the listing. Once you hit the publish button, your listing will be posted on the public marketplace. Interested buyers can leave a comment on the post or send you a message on Facebook to inquire about the item, negotiate the price, and set up a time to pickup the item and make a payment.
In addition to listing your items on the Facebook marketplace, you can also list stuff for sale in buy and sell groups on Facebook. Look for groups in your area that allow you to list items for sale to local buyers. Members of the group can browse the listings and comment on posts they’re interested in. To find groups in your area, do a search with the name of your town and the words buy or sell.
While eBay started out as an online auction site, it has grown to include a variety of different selling methods. When using eBay to sell your stuff, you can choose to list your item online to be shipped anywhere in the world or for local pick-up only.
That means you have your choice of how you sell your stuff, making eBay a great option for listing just about anything for sale online, even larger stuff like furniture and appliances.
Selling on eBay is a fairly simple process. Follow these steps to get started listing your stuff for sale on this popular auction site.
- Create an account: If you have never sold or shopped on eBay before, you’ll need to start by creating an account on the app. Create a user ID and set up an automatic payment method. The most popular way to get paid on eBay is through PayPal, but you can also choose to add a checking account or credit/debit card for payments.
- Create a listing: After you have your account set up, you can start selling. To sell an item, you’ll need to create a listing by doing a search for the type of item you’re selling. After that, the app will allow you to select the exact item you’re selling if it’s already listed in their database or add individual details about the product in the description area. You’ll also be able to add a photo of the item to the listing.
- Choose your pricing: Once you’ve got your listing in order, you’ll need to decide how you’ll price your item. You can choose an auction style listing that allows users to bid on your product. Or you can use a fixed-price structure where you set the price for the item.
- Set shipping options: In addition to deciding on the price of your item, you’ll also need to figure out how you’ll ship it. You can choose local delivery only if you want to avoid shipping charges. Otherwise, you’ll be responsible for shipping your item to your buyer if it sells. If you plan on shipping the item, you can calculate the shipping charges or let eBay calculate the charges for you based on the buyer’s location.
- Complete the transaction: Once you list your item, you’ll need to keep an eye on your listings to see if it sells. As soon as the payment goes through on a purchased listing, you need to place it in the mail or make arrangements to deliver your item in person if you offer local delivery.
While creating listings and selling stuff on eBay is pretty straightforward, it’s a good idea to keep in mind that there are fees associated with selling on this auction app. Unless you plan on listing hundreds of items each month, it’s free to list your stuff for sale on eBay.
But if you do make a sale, you’ll pay a portion of your profit to eBay on each listing. And if you use PayPal to accept payments, you’ll also pay the payment app a portion of your profit in fees, too.
If you’re hoping to declutter your closet and have tons of clothes to sell, Poshmark is a great option. You can list adult and children’s clothing on this app for free.
And if you sell something, you can also ship your items for free. Follow these four simple steps to start selling:
- Create an account: Download the app and create an account to get started. You can fill in personal information about yourself, if desired, which may make selling your clothing easier and help you appear in more searches.
- List your item: Take a photo of the clothing item you want to sell and create a listing by adding that item to your closet. Add relevant details to the listing, like brand, size, and condition to give buyers all the information they need.
- Share your listings: To ensure people see your closet, make sure to share your listing on your social media networks to promote the items you have for sale. You can also attend Posh Parties (virtual shopping parties that happen in the app) to promote your closet to buyers.
- Get paid: When someone buys your item, use the pre-paid shipping label provided by Poshmark to ship the clothing to the buyer. All the orders shipped through the app are shipped through USPS priority mail.
While Poshmark is known for clothing, you can also sell other items using the app. Use Poshmark to sell:
- Accessories, like handbags, shoes, and jewelry
- Home decorations and accessories, including holiday décor and kitchenware
- Party supplies
- Pet clothing and accessories
Here’s a guide on how to make the most money on Poshmark.
This simple app takes the guesswork out of selling your stuff online. With the help of Decluttr, you can get a free instant evaluation and receive next-day payment for the stuff you sell.
And it’s so easy to use. Just follow these four steps to sell your stuff on Decluttr:
- Get a free instant valuation: Use the app to enter the make, model and condition of your tech device and you’ll get an instant valuation for your item. After that, the valuation is locked in for 28 days and you’re guaranteed to get the first price offered. You can also enter the bar code of items like CDs, DVDs, and games or use the bar code scanner on the app to search even faster.
- Pack your items into a box: Once you’ve decided to sell and accepted the price offered, you’ll need to pack everything you’re selling into a box. Make sure to pack the items well to prevent damage as they’re shipped to ensure you get your payment. The app will send you a welcome pack containing a shipping label in your email. Print out the label and attach it to your box.
- Ship your items: Using the supplied label, you can ship the items you want to sell for free. All you have to do is drop the box off at your nearest UPS shipping location.
- Get paid: After the items you sell arrive at the warehouse, the app’s team will inspect them and remove all the personal data from your devices. Once your items are approved, you’ll receive payment the next day via direct deposit or PayPal.
While you can’t sell anything using Decluttr, the app does allow you to get rid of a variety of different items. Using this app, you can sell:
- Cell phones: The app accepts a variety of different phone makes and models, include Apple, Samsung, Google, HTC, Sony, OnePlus, Motorola, LG, Blackberry, and Nokia.
- Movies and music: You can also sell different entertainment platforms, including CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays.
- Books: On Decluttr, you can sell back your used textbooks and children’s books. Or you can donate old books to be recycled.
- Tech devices: In addition to phones, the app also allows you to sell old tech devices, including Apple products, tablets, kindles, and tech wearables like smart watches.
- Video games and devices: Another tech option to consider selling on Decluttr is video games and gaming consoles. You can sell games for Xbox, Playstation, and Nintendo. And the app accepts a variety of gaming consoles, including Xbox, Playstation, and Nintendo.
- LEGO: Technology isn’t the only thing you can sell on this app. You can also sell LEGO bricks. LEGOs are sold by the weight, so all you have to do is fill a bag, weigh it, and ship.
One of the newest additions to the online marketplace options is Mercari. This online shopping app allows you to list a variety of items from several different category options, including:
- Clothing and accessories for men, women, and kids
- Electronics, including cell phones, computers, laptops, tablets, video games and consoles, wearables, headphones, MP3 players, cameras, home audio, televisions, and video
- Toys, including collectibles, action figures, dolls, trading cards, plush, building toys, arts and crafts, games and puzzles, remote control toys, and vintage toys
- Home, including kitchen and dining, home décor, seasonal décor, appliances, bedding, storage and organization, cleaning supplies, artwork, furniture, and bath
- Beauty, including makeup, fragrance, skin care, beauty tools and accessories, hair care, and bath and body products
- Vintage products, including bags and purses, antiques, jewelry, books, electronics, accessories, serving pieces, clothing, and housewares
To sell your stuff on Mercari, simply create a listing with photos and a description and set your price. When your item sells, you must ship it using the printable shipping label you’ll receive in your email.
No meetups are allowed using this app. After the item is shipped, you’ll receive payment through the app.
There’s no need to go to the hassle of setting up a yard sale at home to get rid of your stuff when you can make your own online garage sale using the VarageSale app.
This app allows you to connect with local buyers near you and sell your stuff online. And getting started is so simple to do! Follow these steps to start selling your stuff on VarageSale:
- Find your local community: The first step to creating an account on this selling app is to connect with your VarageSale community. Enter your location on the app to join the community near you and connect with nearby buyers.
- Verify your identity: Once you’re connected with your community, you’ll be asked to connect your Facebook account with the app. This will help the app’s admins verify your identity and ensure you’re a real person. After connecting your account, you’ll need to wait to get approval from the admins before you can start listing.
- List your stuff: When you’re approved, you can start creating listings on the app and completing transactions with other verified users in your area. To create a listing, just create a post in the app by adding photos of the item, then filling in details like a description and price. You can then select the different communities near you where you want to post your item for sale.
- Sell your item: When someone is interested in your item, you’ll receive a notification. Buyers can comment on the listing or send you a private message to express their interest. After you finalize the details of the purchase with the buyer, you can reserve the listing and set up a time to meet. The buyer can pay through the mobile app or in cash during your meeting.
Recap of Apps Like LetGo
Here’s a recap of the apps like LetGo:
- Facebook Marketplace
If you’re interested in more tips about selling stuff online…
Tips for Selling Your Stuff Online
While selling stuff online is a great way to earn some extra money, it’s not usually an easy process.
Decluttering your home and selling your unwanted stuff online takes some planning and follow-through to really make an impact.
Follow these simple tips to help you make the most of your online listings, no matter which app you choose to use to sell your stuff.
Take Good Pictures
Without a great picture, your buyers won’t know what they’re getting. That’s why it’s essential that you take good, detailed pictures of your item before you list it.
Even if you’re not a great photographer, you can learn to take good product photos by remembering a few key tips:
- Clean the area: You want your product to be the focal point of the photo, so making sure the space surrounding the item is clear is a must. Make sure there aren’t any distractions in the photo frame to ensure your product is the highlight of the photo.
- Find good lighting: The key to getting a good photo is good lighting. Typically, natural light is your best bet when taking a product photo. Take your item outside to use the sun as your light, or place the product near a window to allow natural light to brighten your photo.
- Take photos from different angles: Your buyers want to see all sides of the item for sale, so it’s important to take pictures of your product from several different angles. Make sure to include an overhead shot and a shot of the item from the front, then add different angles to your listing to include up-close photos of details to provide your buyer with even more information.
Provide a Good Description
Next to the photos, the item’s description is an important element of your online listing. When creating a description for your item, you need to be sure to include all the relevant details a buyer would want to know about the product before they make a purchase.
And if you’re not sure what to include, try looking for a similar product on a site like Amazon to get inspiration. Make sure to include these details in your product descriptions:
- Size: Clothing and accessories should include the size on the label, otherwise measure the product to give buyers an idea of how big it is.
- Materials: List the materials the item is made out of.
- Age: This is especially important if the item is vintage or tech-based.
- Imperfections: Let buyers know upfront if there are any imperfections on your product, like scratches, stains, or rips.
As you’re creating your listing, make sure to be honest in your description. List all of the imperfections and include photos so your buyer knows exactly what they’re getting when they make a purchase.
It’s also important to let buyers know if the item you’re selling is broken or damaged, so they won’t be expecting a usable product.
Make Safety a Priority
Selling your stuff online comes with some risk – especially if you’re selling on a local site, like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist. That’s because you’ll typically need to set up a place for an in-person meeting to deliver your product to the buyer.
That’s why it’s important to take precautions to ensure your safety during these meetings. Follow these tips to stay safe when selling your stuff:
- Arrange meetings during daylight hours to avoid meeting in dark or secluded spots
- Always meet in a public place, like a busy parking lot or near a police station
- Move items outside if your buyer will be picking something up at your home
- Only accept cash to prevent fraudulent purchases
Keep Shipping Costs in Mind
When selling your stuff on online apps, like eBay, you’ll be required to ship the item to the buyer after it’s purchased.
That’s why it’s essential that you take shipping costs into consideration as you make your listing. Keep these shipping costs in mind as you list your stuff for sale:
- Shipping charges: Shipping costs are based on weight and destination, so you must keep both those factors in mind when estimating your shipping costs. When weighing your item to determine an approximate shipping cost, make sure to place the item in the box with packaging material to get an accurate weight. Then, enter the package and weight information in the shipping company’s calculator to get an idea of how much it will cost to ship the stuff you’re selling.
- Packaging costs: On top of knowing how much it will cost to mail your item, it’s also a good idea to include packaging costs into your shipping estimate. Packaging elements, like boxes, envelopes, and tape add up over time, so it’s important to consider those factors into your costs.
Related Articles On How To Sell Stuff Online:
- Online Yard Sale Tips
- Rakuten Review: How to Make and Save Money Fast
- 11 Easy Ways to Make $100 Quickly
- Best Work from Home Jobs
- Best Yard Sale Tips To Host A Successful Yard Sale
Enjoyed this post?